Thursday 14 May 2015

Quinoa Blondies


I love the recipe I have for quinoa brownies, but I kind of left it at that for the longest time. I didn't realize there was a whole world of quinoa baking at my fingertips! Muffins, cakes, BLONDIES. Duh! It was staring me right in the face this whole time. I think technically blondies are supposed to have chocolate chips in them or something, but you can always melt them on top when it comes out of the oven if you require chocolate in your blondies.


Similar to my quinoa brownies, these blondies have a lighter, cake-like texture - go ahead and call it cake if you want, you have my permission ;). The recipe can be made in an 8x8 baking dish, as cupcakes or mini cupcakes like I have shown in the pictures. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly. Some similar recipes I've seen (thank you, pinterest) will even double the recipe, cook in round pans and make a layer cake with some kind of delectable frosting. 

Oh, and as an added bonus, these blondies contain coconut flour! Something I am trying to use and understand a bit more. I get mine from the bulk barn. 

makes an 8x8 baking dish or about 20 mini cupcakes
Ingredients

3 Tbsp Milk (any variety)
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1/4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Canola Oil (or melted coconut oil or butter)
1 cup Cooked Quinoa
1/2 cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt


Directions

In food processor or strong blender, blend milk, eggs, vinegar, vanilla and quinoa.
Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Add dry mixture to food processor and blend with the wet ingredients. 
Pour into greased or parchment lined 8x8 baking dish
or greased/nonstick mini muffin cups.
Bake at 350 until edges start to brown and the middle is set - 25-30 mins for a dish and 12-15 for mini muffins. 

before baking

after baking 


I will try to get a picture of the blondies in the pan next time I make them. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment