Wednesday 7 March 2012

Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Review

Enjoy Life Foods
Recently, I received the Double Chocolate Crunch Granola and Chocolate Mega Chunks to review from Enjoy Life Foods. I have never tried any products from this company, and was excited to check them out. The great thing about Enjoy Life Foods is that their products are not only gluten free, but also free of peanuts, dairy, tree nuts, eggs, soy, fish and shellfish (and some are free of even more common allergens). This is great company for people with multiple allergies.


Mega Chunks (for baking)


I know these are for baking, but I couldn't help but pop a few chocolaty morsels in my mouth when I received the package. They were very dark and rich. I couldn't wait to try them in a recipe. I was planning to make some peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins (as you can see, I'm not allergic to nuts...) so I used the mega chunks in place of my regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. At first I was sceptical about the size of these things, but the muffins turned out great. They were nice and chocolaty, even though I only used 1/2 cup in 16 muffins. I'm sure these would also be great in cookies or blondies (like pictured on the package).

Gluten Free Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Muffins
The Mega Chunks range in cost from $4.50 to $5.00 online (http://enjoylifefoods.elsstore.com/ and others). I'm not sure about in-store prices. This is roughly $1-2 higher than similar, non allergy-friendly products. I would call it expensive, but good quality and reliable when it comes to allergies.
Cost        2.5 stars
Taste       5 stars
Texture    5 stars
Overall Rating: 4.2 Stars

Double Chocolate Crunch Granola

When I first tasted this granola dry, I found the texture way too crunchy (hard on the teeth). It was better with milk and even better with warm milk. It was very chocolaty, as the name suggests, and fairly sweet. If you like chocolate cereal, this granola is for you. It's nice to have a granola that is free of wheat, oats and nuts for people with multiple allergies.
There are 4 grams of fibre per serving and lots of added vitamins and minerals, making it a fairly healthy snack or breakfast option.
The online costs for this product ranges from $5.99 to $6.49. For granola, this is a fairly reasonable price.
Health      4.5 stars
Cost         3.5 stars
Taste        3.5  stars
Texture    2  stars
Overall Rating: 3.4 Stars


Thanks Enjoy Life Foods for providing these free samples for me to review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment